Printer Forums

Printer Forums - Printing Help and Support > Printer Forums > Printer Discussion > Canon Pro9000

Canon Pro9000

Anon

08-01-2011, 06:47 PM
I have previously used this printer on a Mac, just fine.
This morning I installed it (twice) on a Windows computer.
I have cleaned the print heads twice, deep cleaned them once.
All test pages print out fine.

I am trying to print out an InDesign document (although I have now discovered this problem happening directly out of Photoshop as well). 200 small pages that I tile 4-up on letter size paper for a total of 50 pages (not that that really matters.
I have now spent over 6 hours trying to get a successful print.
Mostly I am getting output with either only Yellow, or Y and M or at best YMK. NEver Cyan.
I have disabled the color management in the printer driver (as suggested on Canon's website) to allow the application full control (and to avoid what Canon calls "unpredictable results" if both driver and application were trying to control the color).
I have tried numerous profiles - Canon's (which are oversaturated, and too red), sRGB, Appl RGB. Mostly I get yellow print outs. When I do get all four colors to print, I can't tell you why because then I might try again and it goes back to yellow.

As I mention I just tried to print out one of these images out of Photoshop but the same thing is happening. I've tried out of Photoshop allowing only the APP control of color and also only the driver - both time only Yellow and Black print.

Aside from this just using up my Yellow, this is insanely annoying.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anon

08-01-2011, 08:12 PM
hmmm, seems that i should have first noticed that hardly anyone is responding to anything in this forum.