Printer Forums

Printer Forums - Printing Help and Support > Printer Forums > Inkjet / Toner / Refills > How do I tell if my printer is laser or inkjet?

How do I tell if my printer is laser or inkjet?

Banned

09-26-2009, 02:48 AM
hey, I have a canyon printer and I was wondering about making some t-shirt transfers, but I need an inkjet printer, how do I tell if my printer is laser or inkjet? thanks guys!

Banned

04-06-2010, 12:30 PM
What printer is it? if you know what it is then i could tell you. Or you could open up the top and see if it uses ink cartridges, or a big toner cartridge?

04-28-2010, 11:43 AM
very simple every printer or product organization stick label for identify.
so, you check label or your printer bill.

06-18-2010, 09:55 PM
Inkjet printer cartridges are palm-held cartridges and laserjet toner cartridges are those that are 10" or longer - Generally speaking.

07-21-2010, 04:38 PM
If you are able to take out the used cartridge, then you can tell. Like Lisa said, if its a long cartridge even down to 8" its probably laser. If the cartridge is palm sized its ink.

07-22-2010, 07:17 AM
Laser printers have higher resolution so they have better print quality. Inkjets create images by spitting out tiny droplets of ink, so their resolution is lower. If you look closely at a page printed on a laser printer and the same page printed on an inkjet, you will be able to see that the laser has smoother edges to the fonts.

Inkjets are the way to go (as of 2003) for cheap color printing. Some of the more recent inkjets provide excellent color clarity and brightness, and are very well suited for printing photographs. Also, inkjets are usually quite a bit cheaper than lasers, and color inkjets are MUCH cheaper than color laser printers.

08-07-2010, 10:27 AM
I think there will be a sticker or label on it which can tell you.

08-16-2010, 01:32 AM
If you find out you have a (working) laser and you want an inkjet for your Tshirts, I'll relieve you of the problem and trade you.

~~ Nehmo

Banned

08-24-2010, 04:04 AM
What printer model is it? Inkjets are small cartridges never bigger that a cigarette packet. Laser toner cartridges are substantially larger. If your printer is at home it is almost certainly an ink cartridge machine