advice buying used color laser A4

Hi, I found 2 color A4 laser printers, about 30000pages and still half toner:
Kyocera 5025DN (20p/m, toner 8000p.) @ about 160€
or
HP CP2025DN (20p/m, toner about 3000p.) @ about 220€

Apart the price, what about quality?

I'm for the kyocera, for price, bigger toner, smaller dimensions.

What do you advice me?
Or even some other brands/model.

I would be more wary of the future running costs. That is everything about buying a printer. Luckily both printers you have chosen have pretty much the same running costs. HP is about £4 cheaper per cart on my price list (I'm not selling, I'm using it as a reference) but your getting 5000 pages less than the Kyocera.

My advice would be to go for the Kyocera FS-C5025N.

Hope this helps in some way.

Thank you Rhys, I'd go for the Kyocera.
I would consider also compatible toner. But sometimes there are also some crazy prices for them (for example a kit of 4 toner @ total 80€ from Germany!)
How do you value if a compatible is still a good quality choice? Only from price? I mean quite about half the original and not less, or what?
Could they damage the printer or at the worse you get poor quality prints?
Do you have some links of good compatible brands for the kyocera (in Europe)?
TIA

Now that's a hard question to answer. Just because cartridges seem cheap it doesn't mean they are rubbish quality. I used to run a cartridge world franchise and all our toners that we re-manufactured had parts changed within the cartridge.The main benefit to the cartridges on the Kyocera is they don't have any parts to change within the cartridge. It is basically a toner container. So you should be fine.

The chances of these particular range of cartridges damaging the printer is very low. Depending on the quality of toner in the cartridges you might get poor print outs.

As for good brands in Europe, I'm not sure to be honest. If you find good prices, read reviews on the supplier find out if they are always having issues with cartridges, not just the cartridges you are after. Do research in to the company. That's pretty much all the help I can give you on that side of things sorry.

Ask a Question