brother printer TN-221/TN-225 refill

I have my brother printer with starter toner cartridge. I have reset the color cartridge twice after the alerts and have used upto 2k in printing using the starter cartridge. its still printing fine. how long will this last. when is the right time to replacec the toner instead of resetting it.

Starter cartridge is rated at 1000 - 1500 pages. 2k is great and it probably may last another couple of hundred, BUT if you plan on refilling a few times, you will want to refill it BEFORE the print fades, as this adds excessive wear to the cartridge parts (developer roller for one) to produce a good image with low toner for far too long to be useful in a refill. I'm @ about 950 pages and about 15% toner level so it *MUST* go by page count alone. What can not be stressed enough is to empty out any remaining old toner before refilling due to potential incompatibility issues with BROTHE GENUINE TONER even if there is 10g of powder left. Plenty of great youtube videos on how to refill.. some say to disassemble and wipe (isopropyl alcohol) developer roller, use compressed air to blow out the old toner, then inspect/CAREFULLY wipe doctor blade-- reassemble.. refill/check for leaks & done.

Ask a Question