Canon MG5350 vs MG6850

My old trusted MG5350 has finally packed in. Ink absorber problems. I haven't got the time to get it sorted and repaired. So I got hold of a new MG6850 but it's not a patch on my old 5350. It's noisy even in quiet mode, flimsy and paper falls on the floor from the output tray even when the extension is out.

I am looking for a good quality all-in-one (no fax) printer similar to my old 5350 and can't find one that might be suitable.
It's got to hold at least 100 sheets A4. Ideally if it as a scanner that can scan 35mm negatives. Does anyone know of such a Printer. It doesn't need to be Canon, any make will do.

Your word counts more than any reviews on Google.

Thanks

Resetting the waste ink absorber on a Canon printer can resolve some error codes that appear when turning it on.

1. Make sure the printer is turned off.
  2. Press and hold the Resume button (triangle inside a circle).
  3. Whilst it is held down, hold down the Power button. The green led light should come on.
  4. Keep the Power button held down. Release the Resume button and then press it twice. The light should go amber, then green again.
  5. Release the Power button.
  6. Press the Resume button four times and then press the Power button straight after to confirm the selected action (Reset Counter Absorber).
  7. Turn off the printer and then turn it on again

Ask a Question