Canon MP490 advanced printing features

so i have a canon mp490, and i run windows 8 pro on parallels on my macbook. i refill ink cartridges, so i need to disable the advanced printing features option, however the option in my printer properties is greyed out and i cant find any forums to help me with this problem. does anybody have a clue about what to do? if you do that would be great!!!!

I'm unclear what you are trying to accomplish. My speculation is that you want to turn off ink level monitoring. Correct?

* I think you may have to wait until the print-driver specifically gives the LOW ink warning, then the EMPTY ink warning, and then the ominous message that is more or less equivalent to "REALLY EMPTY ... do you want to disable ink level monitoring (voids warranty)". I think by proceeding with the same color, that warning light for that color will go out. This happens for each color.

* Do you have, or is there available a "resetter" for the CL-211 cartridge?

* I'm curious to hear your thinking on why you refill CL-211 cartridges.

* I've been refilling carts for several years, but mostly for CLI-8 based printers. By reputation, the CL-211 is much harder to refill than the CLI-8 carts. In comparison, CLI-8's are "a piece of cake".

* Have you considered a step or two up to a printer with individual CMYK cartridges, and also separate pigment black cart?

* Or a used CLI-8 based printer?

* Overall, I think there are a number of really bad ideas in the ink-jet world, including ...
** turning off ink level monitoring,
** especially with low capacity ink cartridges like the CL-211
** buying a super basic, entry-level printer like the MP490 that has a "combined print-heat + multiple dye inks" in the same cartridge.

Ask a Question