Canon MX300 Reboot Loop

Hello,
I'm trying to repair a Canon MX300 that was abandoned for a couple of years.This printer has a tendency to enter a reboot loop unpredictably.

The copier function of the printer works fine at first and it prints in black and white normally. When copying in color however, It enters a reboot loop right at the end of the print.

When a reboot loop is entered, simply disconnecting and reconnecting the power only resumes the loop. It seems to work again when I remove power for 10 minutes, hold the power button for 2 minutes and then reconnect the power. Until I attempt to print again in color at least.

When I connected it to a PC and tried to print, it would feed the paper but not print anything. The printer's display simply says "Printing..." for a couple of minutes. If I hit any of the keys on the printer it enters a reboot loop. It does not matter if it is in color or greyscale.

I have a second MX300 that works flawlessly. The only difference between the two is that the faulty one makes an unusual knocking sound when printing in color only although there is nothing wrong with the actual print.

I have tried replacing the logic board but the same thing happens. Something tells me that there is a mechanical problem with it, or one of the smaller pcb's spread throughout the printer.

Any ideas on fixing this printer would be much appreciated.

Ask a Question