Color laser capable of handling 12 mil thick paper

I have an HP CP1525NW color laser with a single-sheet priority feed slot that works just great. It is limited in the thickness of the 'paper' it will handle however. I make 3.5x2 toolbox magnets and currently have to print them on one of my ink jets since they're the only printers I have that will accept the 12 mil thickness of the sheets (10 to a sheet). Normally this isn't a problem with text and limited colors but I'm getting requests for magnets with images and no matter how I adjust either of my ink jet printers (Epson RX280 or Canon MX700), colors seem to get muddied. A color laser would solve this (I think) but I've searched HP, Canon, Brother, etal for specs on their printers and can't find one that says it'll take this thicker media. The sheets are pretty flexible, just thick.

Any ideas on what is out there under $600-$700 that will handle this and, preferable, a single sheet priority feed?

Thanks...

Ask a Question