Epson 1430 - Black will not print

I have an Epson 1430 that is only a couple months old. Recently I moved to another state and had my printer in the original packaging for about a week, both sitting in a climate controlled room and on a truck for a 450 mile ride. Prior to boxing the printer I neglected to remove the ink. Upon unpacking it I found that the black ink had leaked inside the printer. I cleaned it up and installed a new CIS system from a manufacturer that I have used previously. The black ink will not print no matter what I try. I have run the hdead cleaning software, to no avail. I have also used a printheadv cleaning solution, also no luck. All other colors print perfectly but just not black. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx

I have an Epson 1430 that is only a couple months old. Recently I moved to another state and had my printer in the original packaging for about a week, both sitting in a climate controlled room and on a truck for a 450 mile ride. Prior to boxing the printer I neglected to remove the ink. Upon unpacking it I found that the black ink had leaked inside the printer. I cleaned it up and installed a new CIS system from a manufacturer that I have used previously. The black ink will not print no matter what I try. I have run the hdead cleaning software, to no avail. I have also used a printheadv cleaning solution, also no luck. All other colors print perfectly but just not black. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx

Kevin, I have the same Artisan 1430 printer with the black head gone. It was not functioning properly when I bought the machine. needed cleaning more than the others did. Also, I have tried many types of cleaning fluids. None have worked yet. Now I am on a different type. If it should work I'll post the results. However, I have no hopes of ever getting it to work. Too many cleanings will destroy the heads if they are clogged where the normal cleaning doesn't work. The ink cools the heads as it passes through. Without ink or fluid of some kind, they get too hot and are damaged.
I think I may have contributed to my head destruction. I was printing a manuscript of my book and it was dim black. I should have done a cleaning but didn't want to stop in the middle of a 200 page document! Now I'm paying for a simple mistake! Hope you get yours working. These Artisan 1430 printers are fantastic when they work.
If I can find a way to remove the heads without destroying the carriage, I have a method that I worked out for other Epson printers. I don't know for sure if it would work or not. At lease it would tell me for sure if it was clogged or defective.
If you have any info on removing the heads, would appreciate a heads up on it. Thanks

Ask a Question