EPSON SCAN on Windows 8.1 : don't work for EPSON Workforce 610 (or Stylus SX610)

Hello,

We have two multifunction printers EPSON STYLUS SX610FW (name in US is EPSON Workforce 610).
We have two PC under Windows 8.1 PRO.

It is totally impossible to use EPSON SCAN to scan our documents on these machines. EPSON Scan does not start. Despite multiple test, install, unistall. With Windows 7 compatibility mode. The EPSON Scan scanning software does not appear compatible with Windows 8.1.
==> Do you have the same problem?
==> What can we use as a replacement?

We buy this printers in 2011. Windows 8 appear some month after. We contact EPSON, but no response.... Seems so scandalous that EPSON dont provide DRIVERS for Windows 8.

Thank you for your help.

I find that 'Epson Scan' on Windows 8.1 often can't find my Epson SX235 network scanner. This occurs if my printer/scanner changes its IP address on my network which happens if the Epson SX235 or my router is powered down. In order to set up the scanner I look in 'File Explorer' > Network, where I right click on the Epson printer and choose properties where I can find the IP address. Then I open 'Epson Scan Settings' where I delete the current entry for Network Scanner address and add a new one using the IP address found earlier.

Why 'Epson scan' can't automatically find the scanner is a mystery as there is no problem using the printer which is at the same IP.

Ask a Question