EPSON SURECOLOR P800

I am on a Mac with El Capitan installed version 10.11.4
Cannot install the drivers for the printer
Have another Mac with version 10.10.5, drivers install perfectly on it but I don't use that computer with this printer.
Spent over an hour this afternoon with Epson, they haven't a clue. Software installs to 97% and tells me it had an error, transfer failed.

Any bright ideas anyone?

I dug into the Apple website and fell upon a link to a download for the driver for 10.11.4

do you have a link for the driver you have found ferg? Might be useful for others on the forum?

Thanks. Yes I did that. Does the downloading the drivers include all the ICCs?

The one I downloaded is
Version: 10.16
Release Date: 25-Oct-2018
File Format: DMG
File Size: 82.35 MBs​
But the latest version Epson has is for Mac OS X 10.11.x (El Capitan). I'm running v10.14.2. Epson are notoriously behind in their Mac support. But I was getting the same problem previously.

Can I see which ICCs are included. Specifically I can't find one for SC-P800 Series Cold Press Bright.icm

I could let "Printer Manages Color" but then I don't know which ICC I am using.

Thanks

A new set of P800 drivers came out from Epson in December for Windows including drivers for Cold and Hot Press. However their drivers for iMac do not include these, and in fact is quite a few iOS versions behind.

Does Epson not see Mac users as part of their market?

Ask a Question