Epson XP-850 printing blank pages!

Greetings--

I just bought a reconditioned Epson XP-850 printer on eBay. The seller informed me that he'd taken out the ink cartridges before sending the printer, but that he'd done print head maintenance and printed out test pages before he removed the cartridges and that everything was working. I believe him, and he has a good rating. The printer was packed in its original box with Styrofoam fittings--in other words, well packed.

I've hooked up the printer, installed the software successfully, and put in my own brand-new genuine Epson ink cartridges. The scanner works fine. When I go to print, though, the page comes out blank. Same with making a copy. I called Epson Tech Support, and they had me do the entire rigmarole of cleaning the heads, nozzles, etc. I removed the cartridges and put them back in with great care, twice. Nothing worked.

My feeling is that it's getting some wrong "command" rather than that something is actually broken.

Anyone have any ideas???

Ask a Question