Help please. XP-400 not printing right.

Hello.
I am having trouble with the XP-400. I have attached a pdf of a scan I made of a recent printout from the XP-400.
I have tried replacing all of the ink, nozzle check, head cleaning, cartridge alignment. It is still coming out like this. Some lines are blurry, etc. Can you please take a look at my attachment?
Thanks.

Attachments

• DOC.pdf
    206.8 KB · Views: 329
Hello.
I am having trouble with the XP-400. I have attached a pdf of a scan I made of a recent printout from the XP-400.
I have tried replacing all of the ink, nozzle check, head cleaning, cartridge alignment. It is still coming out like this. Some lines are blurry, etc. Can you please take a look at my attachment?
Thanks.

Hello John,
The example shown is the black head not functioning properly. As you probably already know. I have an XP 600 with the special cartridges not like the older ones. They have an oval padded output that matches the carriage. I have read some info about them that is not too encouraging. It is more difficult to clean these kind with cleaning fluid. Suggest using a well known head cleaner and use an old cartridge cleaned with DISTILLED WATER ONLY. Do not use tap water! It will stop up the small micro holes! Once the old ink is cleaned out, fill the cartridge about half full on the cleaning fluid. Reinstall in in the printer and make sure the printer is in normal park condition as it caps the head this way. Leave it sit for a while like overnight, then if it will recognize the cartridge, run a head cleaning to see if it will help to clean it out. There may be some ink still in the head so it will be a real dim print if at all. The main thing is getting the cleaner through the head where it can do it's work. After a day or so pull the test cleaning cart. and replace it with the original. Do a head cleaning to get some ink in the head so you can see the print and test the printer again with a black square or something black, as you don't need the other colors. Just set it to black only. Good luck.

Ask a Question