How can I move ink carriage to the center

Hi friends my printer epson photo stylus 1390 suddenly stop, paper and eject led are blinking simultaneously but power led gone, I switch off and restart but appear no light, no movement but I can hear faint beeping sound from inside. What may be the problems? And how can I move printhead carriage from its parking pad without power on?

Last edited:
It sounds like the cartridge is binding the carriage. Unplug the unit and physically move the carriage to the center. Check that you have the proper cartridge and that it firmly installed. Plug in the unit and turn it on. Please let us know what happens.

Hello I saw that you have problem with your Epson 1390 printer.

Did you found any solution?
I have the same problem with my printer and I don't have any idea what is wrong :/

Regards
Sol

Solution was replacing power supply, main board and ink sensor and take months to repair. strange but it is repaired by EPSON technician experts.

I have an Epson XP- 400 printer with the same problem. The ink cartridge carriage stays in the “Parked” position when you open the computer top to check the ink supply. When I booted-up the printer with the top open, I could see the carriage “cycle” from Park to full travel and return to park and “set” there as I was also closing the top! This printer has been setting for a couple of years with the original ink cartridges. I don’t see why that would stop the carriage from moving to the cartridge “change” position. I have new set cartridges to install.

I have an Epson XP- 400 printer with the same problem. The ink cartridge carriage stays in the “Parked” position when you open the computer top to check the ink supply. When I booted-up the printer with the top open, I could see the carriage “cycle” from Park to full travel and return to park and “set” there as I was also closing the top! This printer has been setting for a couple of years with the original ink cartridges. I don’t see why that would stop the carriage from moving to the cartridge “change” position. I have new set cartridges to install.

OK, I found my problem, when everything else fails, READ THE OWNERS MANUAL!! All the ink jet printers I have had for the past 25 + years, when you open the top of the printer, the ink carriage would always move to the center or to a position where you can check or change out any empty cartridges. While looking through the on line manual, it shows lifting the top to CLEAR a paper jam! So, that is why the carriage stays in the "Parked position". You have to go to the menu screen (on the printer) and find INK CARTRIDGE REPLACEMENT and that will move the carriage to the position to change any cartridge. "That's my story and I'm sticking to it"........... Happy Thanksgiving

Ask a Question