HP2540 all in one no longer printing since being plugged in

Good afternoon,

I have had a HP2540 all-in-one printer and scanner for well over a year. It has always been part of a wireless network and left switched on. Whenever I would send a print job to it, or open the HP scan programme, it would just spring into action and work.

Now, however, one of the computers is no longer on the wireless network, but plugged into the router. I have therefore plugged the printer into it using the USB cable.

All of a sudden, the printer no longer responds. Whether I am using the wireless laptop or the plugged in PC, before printing or scanning, I have to press the power button to wake it up, then switch it off, then switch it on again, just to print or scan a page.

I considered it was because when I ran the installation disc on the PC I selected wireless, so I ran it again, but while plugged in, the installation disc does not recognise the printer as being connected to the PC. Which is curious, because it will scan and print once I have woken up, switched off and switched on the printer, but it still will not recognise it as being connected.

All I want is to be able to print and scan like I have been before, but the PC cannot be on the network. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem please?

Thanks very much.

Ask a Question