MFC-L8850CDW - scan intermittent

Had the printer scanner fax about 2 weeks. When set up initially worked fine. Now when I try to scan from the adf, sometimes it scans 2 sided but I put in 12 pages, it will only scan 8. The last 2 days, it will only scan the first page even on one sided. Sometimes the pdf file is saved on the computer, other times, the scanner looks like it is scanning (feeding the pages through) but the file never gets saved to the computer. The printer is set up totally wirelessly and is able to see the computer through the network.

I am at a loss of what to do, it probably is a setting but I wanted to check with others first before either uninstalling and reinstalling or returning the printer.

Never mind I found the reason. I was scanning a bank statement, one of the pages was a deposit slip with a photocopy of a Canadian $50 bill. It will not scan money, tested it every which way, it wont. Which is fine, just covered the bill and scanned the deposit slip and it was fine. Must have spent 3 hours on this, using different configurations, before I realized it was because of WHAT it was scanning, not an issue with the scanner itself. Live and learn, never occurred to me, but I guess there is security in place so people cant scan and print their own money - which is a good thing.

Ask a Question