MFC8810 - Connecting to Ethernet

Hello, our office would like to connect our Brother printer to our local network using Ethernet.

I've read the Quick Start Setup Guide and they want you to install MFL-Pro Suite software on your workstation. The problem is we're not going to install software on every workstation in the office just to get Ethernet to work.

Does anybody know how to enable Ethernet at the printer ? I've tried to do this, but "Wired status" always says "Wired OFF". The cable is connected but there is no activity on the Ethernet switch box indicators. There's got to be an easy way since every computer in the office has Ethernet capability built in.

Thank you.

Sabertooth, I think the term read all about it may not be exactly right. The Network User Guide refers you to Quick Start Setup Guide which instructs you to install MFL-Pro Suite.

If you want to use the printer's control panel, there is no actual procedure and there is A LOT of missing information. I think Brother would rather you install their software.

Anyway - I figured out how to do it and if anyone would like a real procedure I can type one up and post it.

Ask a Question