MG2920 won't print on 8.5 x 11 photo paper (4102 error)

Hello,

I can't seem to get any settings to work to get the MG2920 to print on 8.5 x 11 glossy photo paper. Each time it gives the 4102 error saying the paper size is wrong. I have all settings correct and even the Canon support email and phone rep had no answer for me. If you choose plain paper and print anyway it prints but the quality is low and the ink smears. I assume it's cause it's ment to spray a different amount of ink for glossy vs standard. I'm really hoping someone has faced and found a solution to this issue as my searches online have resulted in many questions but few answers and none that fix anything.

Thanks.

The media type and paper size are not set correctly.

Resolution

Press the printer’s [ON/RESUME] button to cancel printing, change the media type or paper size setting, and then print again.

NOTE – Please view the different media types and paper sizes below -
When the media type is set to Photo Paper Plus Glossy II:
Set the paper size to 4”x6” 10cm x 15cm (Windows)/4x6 (Mac), or 5”x 7” 13cm x 18cm (Windows)/ 5x7 (Mac).
When the media type is set to Glossy Photo paper:
Set the paper size to 4”x6” 10cm x 15cm (windows)/4x6 (Mac)
When the media type is set to Envelope:
Set the paper size to Envelope Com 10 (Windows)/Envelope #10 (Mac) or Envelope DL (Windows/Mac).

The media type and paper size are not set correctly.

Resolution

Press the printer’s [ON/RESUME] button to cancel printing, change the media type or paper size setting, and then print again.

NOTE – Please view the different media types and paper sizes below -
When the media type is set to Photo Paper Plus Glossy II:
Set the paper size to 4”x6” 10cm x 15cm (Windows)/4x6 (Mac), or 5”x 7” 13cm x 18cm (Windows)/ 5x7 (Mac).
When the media type is set to Glossy Photo paper:
Set the paper size to 4”x6” 10cm x 15cm (windows)/4x6 (Mac)
When the media type is set to Envelope:
Set the paper size to Envelope Com 10 (Windows)/Envelope #10 (Mac) or Envelope DL (Windows/Mac).

Yes but HOW do we print on GLOSSY LETTER SIZED paper?
I have done it ONCE with my one computer but then that computer broke and I can't make it work with any other device :(

Ask a Question