MG7520 How can I control Margins/Borders?

I have a Canon MG7520 and I really need some help.
I am trying to print a 3.75 x 5.75 image onto a 4 x 6 card.
When I try this I am presented with to options; with border or borderless.
If I choose borderless the image will not scale down any shorter then the size of the print media itself, which in this case is 4 x 6.
However, If I choose borders (Uncheck "borderless") the image either scales down to fit within the borders, or the image is cropped because the image goes beyond the borders.

So there seems to be absolutely no balance, no what to shrink the thickness of the borders, or to scale the image down about when selecting borderless.
Its either, print the full size of the card, scale the image down to print within the borders, or crop the image because of the borders.

Also, I tried playing with the margins, but all that does is adjusts the margins of the image and does not change the borders, in essence, cropping the image even more.
Im extremely frustrated with all this and would appreciate any help.

When you are going to print, set the paper size first to custom then set the size of your image which is 3.75 x 5.75. Let's see what happens.

There are two parameters, "Page Size" and "Printer Paper Size" Neither are customizable unless "Page Lay-out" is set to Fit-to page. Even then I attempted your suggestion, but the image is either scaled down or cropped due to border. I have tried to set custom page size and custom printer paper size, interchangeably. The only thing I can see working is being able to customize "Borderless" setting, controlling the border/margines, or being able to trick the settings into thinking its printing on 3.75 x 7.75 borderless.
I just do NOT understand this at all. It seems like such an obvious and straight forward task.

What??? with all due respect, you've got to be kidding me!!! One suggestion doesn't work and you bail out with that?
How could a printer have a limitation like that? All I want is to print a 3.75x 5.75 image onto a 4x6 card. The printer is able to print where the image covers the ENTIRE card.
Is there any 3rd party printer software out there that supersedes the manufacture print software? Anything to possibly force the desired print settings?

3.75 x 5.75 is not perfectly proportional to 4 x 6 . To get the best result, you can change the image size through software like adobe photoshop, corel draw, etc... to 4 x 6 so that it would perfectly fit in the 4 x 6 paper.

Ask a Question