"NON HP SUPPLY INSTALLED" error after replacing formatter board

I have a Color LaserJet 3800DN that has two toner cartridges that the printer thinks are "out" but I have continued to use the printer fine with the Override At Out setting. All of my cartridges are genuine HP parts.

A few days ago, the formatter board started failing so I replaced it with another formatter board today. Upon starting the printer with the new board, it immediately complained about "Non HP Supply Installed" for the two toner cartridges that I had been using in override mode. I've made sure the new board has the same override settings enabled and can't get rid of this error. What am I doing wrong?

The new formatter needs to detect a new cartridge. The toner cartridge has a "busman" fuse. It gets busted only one time when the new cartridge is installed. This way, the printer detects new cartridge. An old one has its busman fuse already busted. You must look for the busman fuse of your old cartridge and replace it.

Ask a Question