OKI C5950 fatal error

I own a printer OKI C5950dtn an I have a real problem:
As I print one or two pages I get the error message 142: FATAL ERROR.
Another problem is that the printed pages seem dejusted. On the left side there is too much toner and testing pages shows coloured rectangles moved around 1mm.

Did anyone know what I can do? I have new image drums and toner cartridges inside the printer. And I have powered off, disconnected and reconnected and powered on the printer. Then the error disappears but after one or two pages, it will come again.

Thank you for your help.

Greetings
Theo

Turn the power off on your printer. Push and hold the up and down arrows at the same time and turn the power on while holding the buttons. Watch the display panel for "OKI USER" to appear, then release the buttons.
Press the down arrow to scroll through the menu to "Engine Dialog Mode." Press "Enter." Navigate the menu that appears until "NV-Ram Initial" appears. Press "Enter."
Push the "Enter" and "Online" buttons together. Hold the buttons for a 10-second count after "Executing Reset" appears in the display panel.
Restart the printer to complete the system reset. The toner levels reset during the process.

This should clear any sort of error you may have. Let us know if it doesn't.

Adrian- Technical Support, www.suppliesoutlet.com

Ask a Question