PIXMA MG3200 can't make wireless connection

I've changed my Virgin Media Hub and am trying to set my MG3200 printer to this new wireless connection.

I follow the same Wireless Connection procedure in the Setup Guide but the printer does not detect the hub in WPS mode. After several minutes it always fails with an error code E, 2, 2. This is not one of the error codes listed in the Setup Guide Troubleshooting list. My other devices, e.g. Smart TV, connect in WPS mode without any problems, so I don't think the hub is the problem.

I successfully connected one computer to the printer using the USB cable, via Windows 7 driver update, so it appears to be just a wireless issue.

I've also un-installed and re-installed the printer driver and network tool, and restarted the hub, but this makes no difference.

Please can you help?
Thanks.

I've not changed the factory default settings (below):
Super Hub 2ac has 802.11ac support.
Security Mode WPA Auto (2.5GHz) and WPA-PSK[AES] (5Ghz).

OK - I finally worked it out after remembering what a stupid installer it was when I first did the set up over a year ago. :( If you change the hub / router then you have to run the full set up all over again - you can't just ask the printer to find the new hub.

1. Log in as Windows admin! It won't work if you just run as admin!
2. Download / install "mast-win-mg3200-1_0-ucd" from Canon support page.
3. Run installer (MSETUP4.EXE)
4. Follow on screen steps; the printer wireless scan will then find the hub using WPS mode.

Bah - stupid computers. ;)

Ask a Question