PIXMA MG5550 access point mode problem

Hi,

I'm trying to print directly from my Samsung S3 smartphone to the above printer whilst its in access point mode.

The phone can see and connect to the printer no problem but whenever I go to print a document, the PIXMA/MAXIFY Printing Solutions app immediately brings up a message ahout needing to convert the document using the Data Conversion Service and if you click OK, the status bar never moves and eventually you get a message saying process cancelled because an error occurred during the conversion.

This doea not happen if I try and print a photo, there's no conversion message and the app sends the photo to print as expected.

If I connect the printer and phone to my home wifi network and then try and print a document, I still get the conversion message but when clicking ok, this time it works, does the conversion and prints ok.

Any thoughts on why I can't print documents when connected directly to the printer ?

Many thanks for your help.

Ask a Question