Please recommend colour laser, no counters, no chips

Can anyone recommend a colour laser printer that doesn't have chipped toner cartridges and other consumables with a lifetime based on an arbitrary pagecount (especially expensive components such as the photoconductor unit)? I don't mind if it's a dinosaur, twenty years old, provided it prints pages per minute rather than minutes per page and the colour quality is bearable. I am prepared to wait until the right model surfaces on Ebay. If this isn't possible I will settle for one that can be hacked or overriden reasonably easily without buying a chip resetter from China that doesn't work. I've done a lot of internet searches but could benefit from the advice of someone who actually has experience of these machines. With many thanks for any help.

Liz

It's doubtful if you will get any printer, that does not need a chip on the cartridge - toner or inkjet - or a cartridge without a chip...
All new cartridges have new chips on them, although I imagine you're already aware of that...

Robbie_DL

Ask a Question