Printer redirection software

I am an IT lead at a pharmaceutical company, I am currently looking for redirection software that can redirect print jobs, consisting of three different pages that must stay together, to a backup canon printer. We do about 2000 scripts per day through an automated process on our print server. the problem we currently have is the jobs when sent to the printer and the printer goes down we cannot access those jobs in the printer memory. So essentially I am looking for printer redirection software that acts as a middle man - receive the jobs from the print server send them to printer A - when printer A fails the software automatically redirects the jobs to printer B goes into printer A pulls the stuck job and also sends that to Printer B. Please remember the automated process does not stop.

Has anyone in this forum experience this issue - can you point me in a good direction. Thank you.

Ask a Question