Printing up to 250gsm

Hi Can someone help pls? I've spent ages trawling info but can't seem to find answer to all my questions. I already have a Kodak ESP C315 all in one which apart from the pain of the ink cartridges suits fine for most things. However, I want to print on card/thick paper & was thinking a mono laser would be a good fit. I don't need all in one or colour. Looked at Samsung M2070W & although reviews are good seems it curls paper so that won't do. Many other suggestions seem to lean towards inkjet but tried using Kodak, it took card OK & print quality wasn't great. Sorry its so long - any suggestions please?

Hi waygo,
there are very few home or consumer class printers that will print 250gsm paper. There are however a number of ink printers within the professional range of epson and canon that can print up to 250gsm, however be aware that they are all straight feed printers, this means that you feed a single sheet through the rear of the unit.
There are no printers within the laser range that will successfully print on heavy card, 200gsm plus, without either jamming or curling the paper within the consumer market place. This is purely due to the nature of a Laser or Led printer. However, in the high end range of laser printers, particularly the xerox range, there are printers that will successfully print on 300gsm card with a beautiful print, however these printers retail for up to $10,000 each.
Basically, within the low end consumer range, the best you can really hope for is a printer that will print heavy media, which is only about 200 gsm, depending on the media you use.
No matter which printer you want to use, it is important to use the correct media for the printer. If you use media outside the manufacturers specs, you will have problems.
Have a look at the epson range, http://www.epson.com.au/products/printers_all_in_ones/Printers_For_Home/index.asp or the canon range https://www.canon.com.au/en-AU/Pers...fice-Printing/Inkjet-printers-and-all-in-ones
These are the best manufacturers of quality printers for home, and many of them will print on heavy media.

Ask a Question