Problems With Print CD Colors

Ive run into quite a weird problem when using Epsons print CD software. For some reason everytime I use it to print a cd or DVD the colors are way off. It seems like browns are printing greenish. Ive attached a picture so you can see what the problem is. I have perfect nozzle patterns and have printed perfect purge patterns on paper. I have also printed on regular paper the image that I wanted to put on the disc and it prints fine on paper but when printed on a CD/DVD the colors dont match at all. Any ideas on this as Im at a loss. Ive reinstalled everything and reset the setting within the print cd program and the problem remains. Epson has been no help at all.

Attachments

• IMAG0220.jpg
    IMAG0220.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 559
I'm having the same issue. I print the CD insert and the track list shows fine, but the album image is a black square. This must have been since an iTunes update. Anyone have a solution? The printing to PDF did not work.

updated

So I've narrowed it down to the Epson print CD software somehow. It only affects pictures I download from the internet to use as covers. If I scan a disc that has art it prints fine on disc. If I print the downloaded image on a sheet of paper through the print CD software it's fine. Only when I use the combination of downloaded images and the print CD software do I get the color problems. Any thoughts?

Problem with Print CD colors

So I've narrowed it down to the Epson print CD software somehow. It only affects pictures I download from the internet to use as covers. If I scan a disc that has art it prints fine on disc. If I print the downloaded image on a sheet of paper through the print CD software it's fine. Only when I use the combination of downloaded images and the print CD software do I get the color problems. Any thoughts?

This sounds like a mismatch of color management curves between the Print CD software, the image creator's system, and/or print dialogue settings (perhaps due to the absence of an ICC profile for the media, in which case you should turn the color management off). Try changing from the current print dialogue setting to one of the other two. In particular, you do not want color management to be performed by both the printer's firmware and the host software. If If your image contains an embedded ICC profile, then you either don't want the host software to apply a vendor supplied profile, or you want to disable other profiles.

If I recall correctly, from when I last used Windows, I may have just forced the use of "Adobe RGB" curves in the print dialogue. But just to be safe, try all three settings.

Ask a Question