Refilling a CLI-551 cartridge PLEASE HELP

Hi folks. Im new to this site. I have decided to join as i use my printer alot as i am into printing pictures. I used to have a canon pixma printer and used to refill my ink myself to save money, but had nothing but problems. Anyway i bought a canon ip7250 which has the individual cartridges. I decided the other day to refill the cartridges as 1 was getting low. I watch many videos about drilling into the cartridge but my comon sense (which isnt the best at times) told me to just slowly drop ink into the sponge which is at the bottom of the cartridge. Now i have used the printer a few times after and it seems to work. But all the things i have seen/read tell you to inject the ink with a syringe into somewhere differently. Surely the sponge at the bottom is where the ink is stored? Basically i just want some reasurrance i have done the right thing, or if to expect a broken printer in a few weeks? Sorry for the essay and thanks loads in advance..HAPPY PRINTING!!

Ask a Question