Same error on two different PIXMA MG3150 printers

Hi,

I'd had a Pixma MG3150 for about a year and it was running without a glitch until, suddenly, a couple of days ago it started displaying the P10 error. Since having a working printer is a must in my job, I went out yesterday and purchased exactly the same model, brand new & with warranty. However, as soon as I got it hooked up, inserted the cartridges, etc., - but before printing anything out - my new printer started displaying the very same error code: P10, which, according to the onscreen manual, means that the printer is unusable & I should contact the service center.

How is this possible with two different printers (one of which is brand new)? Could it be something wrong on my end, erratic power source, etc?

Please advise on what might be wrong, I find the whole experience very, very frustrating.

Bookseller Terry

Last edited:
I'd advise to check with Canon, especially since I infer the printer is within warranty.

* With your original MG3150, did anything change from when it was working, and then stopped?

* Are you able to get either to work "stand-alone" ... not connected to computer?

* Are you connected via USB, wireless, or RJ-45?

Ask a Question