Samsung CLP 510 Transfer Belt unlocking error

After many years of relatively trouble free printing, I just got a Transfer Belt unlocking error when I tried to print a one page document. I opened the printer and saw that the Transfer Belt was in the locked position. I unlocked, removed, reinstalled, relocked, and closed the printer, but the error did not clear. Powering the unit off and then on still did not clear the error. On examination, I could see that all the electronic connections for the transfer belt were clean--no paper dust. Does this mean the electronics in the printer failed and that I need a new printer or is it something else?

As a last ditch effort to save my printer, I removed the transfer belt and cleaned the electronic contacts on the belt and in the printer with a Q-tip dipped in isopropyl alcohol. I was able to print. Don't know how long this is going to last, but so far so good.

Didn't last. Replaced it with a wireless mono printer so now I'm going to sell off what I can. I have unused/unopened toner plus the toner that's in the printer, plus lots of parts that are good. I'll probably sell them on eBay unless I find a better option.

Ask a Question