Samsung CLX-3175FN quality problem

Hopefully that scan speaks for itself. I've trying removing the toner cartridges, even the imaging unit, and gently cleaning every part i can reach. I also noticed a large amount of waste toner falling out of the sides of the imaging unit, which seemed strange since there is a waste toner collection compartment separate from this, which is NOT full. Shouldn't all the waste toner be going there? Why is it building up inside the imaging unit (drum)?

Attachments

• printquality.jpg
    printquality.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 989
Sure wish someone had posted a fix. I have the same problem. Already replaced the imaging drum.

I did that too, and it worked for a little while. the symptom eventually came back, but then after awhile it *changed* . Now the all-over smudges and ghost images are just a single, dark, horizontal smudge across the top, and now i understand i can just print 2 copies of whatever im making, so the first copy will "use up" whatever the excess/loose toner is there settled on the drum, or so i suspect. Then it continues to print fine as long as i dont give it time to cool off, or else loose toner builds up again somehow. I just dont know how to make the loose toner *stop* reaching the drum, as the waste toner isnt even close to full (i even vacuumed it out just in case)

I have the same problem. .Any one know the solution to this?
I had the same problem, replaced the imaging unit and it DID NOT FIX the problem. I them replaced the transfer belt and the black streaks were gone. So, I would suggest replacing the transfer belt. My problem looked like this:
upload_2015-8-31_14-11-52.png

Cleaned the transfer belt but that didn't make any difference so I replaced it and that solved the problem.
Thanks

Cleaned the transfer belt but that didn't make any difference so I replaced it and that solved the problem.
Thanks
Glad that fixed your problem, Larry. I also tried cleaning the belt but that didn't solve my streaking problem either. Replacing the belt was the answer. I had tried tech support from Samsung, talking with the people who provide replacement imaging units and transfer belts as well as the forums. None of those sources gave me any help or suggestions! Hopefully you didn't buy an imaging unit, like I did, before buying the transfer belt. Also a note to anyone else out there. My problem just appeared one day. It didn't start with just a slight black horizontal smudge or progressively get worse. It showed up one day out of the blue as shown in the picture above.

Ask a Question