Samsung ML-2010 duplex (manual) printing in Windows 10

CBB

Printer - Samsung ML-2010 , OS - Windows 10, Task - Duplex ( 2-sided manual) printing

I have been using Samsung driver in Windows 8.1 without problem. Does not seem to work in Windows 10. Does anyone know how to do it in Windows 10 and what driver to use?

It an option in the preference section. You can either hit Ctrl+P and go to preferences, or go to you control panel then devices and printer, then right click and printing preferences. I believe it is in the second to last tab

CBB

It an option in the preference section. You can either hit Ctrl+P and go to preferences, or go to you control panel then devices and printer, then right click and printing preferences. I believe it is in the second to last tab

Under Printing Preferences / Advanced / Print Order, there are 4 options - Normal, Reverse all pages, Print odd pages, Print even pages. However, no manual duplex option (prints all even pages first and waits, manually flip the pages all together, prints all even pages) available. The only way it can work is to print even pages first, change preference option, flip the pages, then print odd pages. May be you have a better driver - I would appreciate your advice.

The option is actually in the bottom left corner on the first page of preferences. You just need to select either long edge or short edge. If your preferences doesn't look like mine, then go to Samsung.com/us/printersetup and run that program to update them. see attached pic for location ( I believe long edge is what you want btw)

Attachments

• Image 2.png
    Image 2.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,495

CBB

The option is actually in the bottom left corner on the first page of preferences. You just need to select either long edge or short edge. If your preferences doesn't look like mine, then go to Samsung.com/us/printersetup and run that program to update them. see attached pic for location ( I believe long edge is what you want btw)

As suggested, I downloaded the installer at Samsung.com/us/printersetup and then the software (2 items - Printer Diagnostics (update needed), Universal Printer Driver (already installed, Version V2.50.06.00.03)). Installed both items, to be sure. Then to Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Devices and Printers shows Devices and Printers separately, Samsung Universal Print Driver 2 appearing under Printers. Right-clicking on it gives Samsung ML-2010 (USB001) Printing Preferences page which is quite different from your picture, consisting of Basic, Paper, Graphics, Advanced. Basic sets Orientation - Portrait / Landscape, Advanced sets Print Order - Normal, Reverse, Odd pages, Even pages, as I have described earlier. It appears that my downloaded Samsung driver V2.50.06.00.03 works differently in Windows 10 than yours! Any clue will be helpful.

CBB

download and install teamviewer from this link https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/old-versions.aspx
then call 888-987-4357 and go to printer support and ask for James. I actually work for Samsung, just remind me of your issue and ill remote in and take a look im here from 8-4:30 central texas time

I appreciate your help to resolve this problem. Before we delve into the diagnostic mode, I would like to know the OS running on your PC supporting the Samsung ML-2010 printer, for the printer preference details you have provided. More generally, I am interested to know if you are aware of any PC running Windows 10 with a printer driver supporting ML-2010 and its duplex (2-sided manual) printing function. As stated in my original posting of this thread, I had no problem with this task when running Windows 8.1 (or Windows 7 earlier). The problem appears to be specific to the ML-2010 printer driver not working in Windows 10 OS. From your recent response it appeared that a new driver update would fix the problem, which now seems not the case.

I am using windows 7. However when installing the driver if you install in compatibility mode, then it should work all the same. that's what I planned on trying also, I am curious how that feature is not there.

Ask a Question