Text is too light to read

I have an Epson WF-2530 inkjet and it consistently prints too light to read. Some text does not print at all. I discovered that if I select "high quality" under preferences, I get a perfect printed page. I have tried cleaning the heads, aligning the heads, various ink including Epson ink, and am at a loss to find a solution. I use high quality inkjet paper. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. BC

Hi Robert,

Are you currently using originals Epson or compatible non genuine?

If you're using non genuine then selecting high quality in your print settings is the best way forward. You can also go into the printer settings and set them as default.

Have you tried printing anything else such as pictures to compare the shades of colour?

Also if you're printing a document might also be worth selecting all the text and making sure the colour is the darkest black.

If you're worried about checking the colours, find a printing test page and maybe do this, which checks all the colours for you. If you're using originals then you need to change your settings and also make sure you're not printing in draft mode.

Hope this helps.

Ask a Question