what can cause white lines besides clogged printhead?

Jay

I have been using a Canon Pixma iP4500 for several years and it has been doing great until about three weeks ago when the color started looking awful. I had three cartridges low on ink so thought that must be the problem. Replaced cartridges but problem kept getting worse. Now it prints OK in black but has a bunch of regularly spaced white horizontal lines every time I try to print color.
The supplied literature says that is caused by clogged printhead so I tried several times doing the in place cleaning, then tried deep cleaning. Didn't help one bit, so I took the head out and soaked it in water. Didn't helpl
Just finished a five hour soak in water, isopropyl alcohol, white vinegar and a couple drops of dish soap. gently brushed the holey parts with a soft toothbrush and blew it out with low pressure air. Didn't change a thing.
Now my primary question is whether anything else can cause such a problem besides a clogged head? It seems to me all that cleaning should have changed the problem a little at least if that had been the problem.

Attachments

• streaky print.jpg
    streaky print.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 300

Ask a Question