Wireless Direct Question

Got a weird one for you, have already spoken with HP and they do not have a fix. Received five M476DN printers, 3 are working great, 2 aren't. The issue is with the wireless direct, on 2 of them, when I turn on wireless direct and put NO security, it asks for a password to connect...which it shouldn't. I then turned wireless direct security on and get the passphrase, that passphrase does not work either. This is from iphones/ipads with the latest os on them. I can connect to it with a windows laptop just fine. Now...I can go to one of the working M476dn printers with the same iphone/ipad and do not have any issue connecting to the wireless direct. All 5 printers were received at the same time and all configured the same. There is really nothing to configure wireless direct, simply turn it on and select no security or security, then browse for it in your wireless network lists.

We have cleared nvram, select all defaults including networking, updated firmware, Hp has remoted in and double checked everything.

Any ideas?

Ask a Question