A3 Printer for card suggestions please

Hi all.

Please excuse the fact that I've joined the forum just to ask this question but it seemed the obvious place. I'll genuinely be grateful for any help.

I'm designing a menu for a local pub. One side is being printed professionally and then the pub will print a daily menu on the other side. The pub will be buying a new printer for the job.

We'll be using a light-ish card of about 190-210gsm and printing about 20 menus every day.

The printing will be just monochrome text and I'm trying to choose a printer for them.

Firstly, laser or inkjet? The print quality (withing reason) and speed isn't an issue. Text from an inkjet will be fine but I'm just not a big fan of inkjets.

My heart tells me a laser is the way to go, but reliability of card feed is critical. It has to work every time without jamming and I feel that most inkjets have a straighter path through the machine.

We'll never need to print colour, but it seems that most A3 lasers are colour anyway, and I'm sure all A3 inkjets are.

Budget could be £1000, and if it's a laser then a seperate A4 tray would be a big plus.

So, any helpful comments and specific recommends would be most welcome.

Finally, Samsung and Lexmark are not brands I'm keen on.

Many many thanks.
Steve

Last edited:

Ask a Question