A3+ Printer Recommendations

Hi folks,

Having just brought my Stylus 1400 back to life - see thread on here somewhere - I thought it might be time to look at getting a new printer as the 1400 has done sterling work for the past four years and many thousands of sheets of photo paper have passed through its rollers.

I'm not really up to date with the current crop of printers and don't want to listen to some clueless salesman try to tell me why X is better than Y just so he can get a couple of quid extra commission so thought I would seek some advice on here.

Some back story to my requirements: I am a professional photographer that enjoys the printing process, although I do also use pro-labs too. Most of my printing is in colour with fine definition and tonal control so a minimum of 6 different inks and the ability to be colour calibrated. I need A3+ size and the ability to print on 260-275gsm card. Print speed isn't an issue but fast is always good :) Budget? Not really considered that yet :)

So, whaddya recommend?

Regards
Steve

Well the Stylus 1400 gave up the ghost again today so I was forced to go out and buy a new printer. I settled for an Expression XP-900 and have to say it's pretty impressive. Not up to the quality of the 1400 but not too shabby at all.

New parts for the 1400 ordered and should be with me next week so I can strip the printer down again :)

Steve

Ian

Sorry to hear about the Stylus 1400 packing in, Steve! I'm glad you've got a replacement sorted though :D.

When I saw that you'd bought the XP-900, I wondered if you knew about the cashback deal that is on at the moment? I noticed it just a few moments ago and remembered this post:

https://www.epson.co.uk/viewcon/corporatesite/cms/index/12436

It's valid from purchases after 1st May 2017, so I hope you qualify :D.

Ask a Question