All in one printer recommendation

I am looking for a recommendations for an all in 1 color (inkjet) printer. Id like to spend 300 or less, but would go up in budget if I had to. I don't think laser is a good option due to the cost of the printer and toner.

I plan to use this printer for mostly scanning and copying. I need something that will scan to PDF, print/scan color and double-sided. I probably wont be scanning more than 15 pages at a time, so something with a decent ADF that will not constantly jam.

I am open to different brands and even a discontinued model that I could find online if it's a good unit. I went to best buy the other day and they sold an HP 8025. It was the biggest piece of junk it jammed from the first document I tied to scan.

I am looking for a recommendations for an all in 1 color (inkjet) printer. Id like to spend 300 or less, but would go up in budget if I had to. I don't think laser is a good option due to the cost of the printer and toner.

I plan to use this printer for mostly scanning and copying. I need something that will scan to PDF, print/scan color and double-sided. I probably wont be scanning more than 15 pages at a time, so something with a decent ADF that will not constantly jam.

I am open to different brands and even a discontinued model that I could find online if it's a good unit. I went to best buy the other day and they sold an HP 8025. It was the biggest piece of junk it jammed from the first document I tied to scan.
I would appreciate any suggestions

D

Deleted member 14725

I can only talk about the printer models distributed or ever sold in my area that I had the chance of trying, I have no idea if you will find those in your area.

Brother printers (with refillable and reset-able cartridges), had 3 of them and I regret selling them. Great machines, duplex printing, ADF, great scanner, etc. Had one with letter size paper and one with 11x17". Even bought the chip reseter. There are ink tank models but I did not try them. Got them for US$33, US$66 and US$80 respectively at Office Depot. If I ever see one on sale (second hand) 11x17 I will bought it again.

On the other hand, HP. Had 2 Officejet 8600 Pro and worked great (despite many people complaining about theirs), great duplex printing, great ADF (this one duplex too), awesome fast printing and lots of paper capacity. You can't buy reset-able cartridges but you can modify the printhead (a bit of soldering) and rotate (and refill) cartridges. I also sold them after years of having them.

Right now I have the HP Officejet Pro 7740, practically the same as the 8600 but A3 size, the scanner is not duplex but works great, has double paper tray. Among these models the Brother had the highest print quality. I got this for US$200 at Office Depot with extra new cartridges set, works as the 8600 with the printhead modification and rotation of the cartridges, so I haven't spent a single dime on new ones.

I love Canon printers but I don't really like their All in One models, so I just own simple and large format Canon printers (without scanner).

I can only talk about the printer models distributed or ever sold in my area that I had the chance of trying, I have no idea if you will find those in your area.

Brother printers (with refillable and reset-able cartridges), had 3 of them and I regret selling them. Great machines, duplex printing, ADF, great scanner, etc. Had one with letter size paper and one with 11x17". Even bought the chip reseter. There are ink tank models but I did not try them. Got them for US$33, US$66 and US$80 respectively at Office Depot. If I ever see one on sale (second hand) 11x17 I will bought it again.

On the other hand, HP. Had 2 Officejet 8600 Pro and worked great (despite many people complaining about theirs), great duplex printing, great ADF (this one duplex too), awesome fast printing and lots of paper capacity. You can't buy reset-able cartridges but you can modify the printhead (a bit of soldering) and rotate (and refill) cartridges. I also sold them after years of having them.

Right now I have the HP Officejet Pro 7740, practically the same as the 8600 but A3 size, the scanner is not duplex but works great, has double paper tray. Among these models the Brother had the highest print quality. I got this for US$200 at Office Depot with extra new cartridges set, works as the 8600 with the printhead modification and rotation of the cartridges, so I haven't spent a single dime on new ones.

I love Canon printers but I don't really like their All in One models, so I just own simple and large format Canon printers (without scanner). read more...
really appreciate your suggestions.

Last edited:

Ask a Question