Any better printer than the Canon MF8350CDN for my needs?

Before pulling the trigger on this model I’d like to know if there are any other better choices. I’m looking for an all-in-one color laser that will do duplex printing automatically. Currently I have an 8 year old Canon D320 for BW printing and copying that has performed flawlessly and a 3 year old HP L7680 all-in-one inkjet for color printing, copying and faxing that also has worked great but I hate the water based ink where if you so much as sneeze on a copy, it’s ruined. Plus I have to clean the printheads every day now but that could be due to the generic ink I used. I’ve read all the good reviews on the Canon and it’s on sale for $500 this week but the only thing holding me back is the cost of the cartridges. Over $100 each for four of them. Do the generic ones work well in this laser? Should I also look at other brands to compare that would have cheaper ink? The only must have is the auto duplex output and that the ink won’t run. And I figure I’d go through 200-300 pages a month.

Ask a Question