any help with an INTEC XP2020

Hi! I am desperately searching for help with our INTEC XP2020 (envelope printer). I did not see that this manufacturer was covered on this forum, but if anyone can help point me to resources I would be extremely grateful. I am new in printing and we purchased a used printer that is older, we saw demonstration of it printing and all was well. Now I'm getting ghosting along the fold lines. The Intec folks don't have answers for me (as they say this printer isn't something they support any longer). Any thoughts on where I might go to find help? Thank you in advance - anyone that can help. - Kind regards, Bailey

Hi Obtex! thank you soooo much for your response, yesssss... here is what I'm seeing. It's magenta shadowing along the fold lines from the back of the envelope. We replaced the magenta drum and its a little better but not gone. I have more pictures of the inside of the machine if that helps. I am happy to learn how all I need to learn about this machine and/or engage anyone who has knowledge of it. My apologies for the delay in my response. Any and all advise is sincerely appreciated! - Kind regards, Bailey

Attachments

• magenta shadow pic.jpg
    magenta shadow pic.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 327
Here are the other images I have. I wiped everything out when I took these pictures to try and clean up loose toner.
Please let me know if I need to take pictures of other parts or area in the machine or should try something else.

Thank you again Obtex for your help! Do you know of anyplace I can find additional information about maintenance on this machine? As I mentioned the manufacturer is not offering up any out of the box solutions (except buying a new machine ;-( I'm really trying to salvage this investment. Any education on how to service this machine could supported/serviced is sincerely appreciated.

Kind regards,
Bailey

Attachments

• inside before cleaning and repacing magenta drum.jpg
    inside before cleaning and repacing magenta drum.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 279
  • spoungie spout_black.2.JPG
    spoungie spout_black.2.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 311
  • spoungie spout_cyan.2.JPG
    spoungie spout_cyan.2.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 304
  • spoungie spout_magenta..jpg
    spoungie spout_magenta..jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 283
  • yellow spoungie spout.jpg
    yellow spoungie spout.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 325
HI, you can treat this unit as OKI CX-3641. Except your envelope feeder attachment, you can, pretty much use all and any info from CX-3641

If you have toner on the back of your envelopes - it is, most likely your belt - cleaning device built in to it has failed.
Belt from OKI CX-3641 should fit and work just fine.

If you have toner on the back of your envelopes - it is, most likely your belt - cleaning device built in to it has failed.
Belt from OKI CX-3641 should fit and work just fine.

Thank you Roman! Your posts are super helpful!
The shadowing we are seeing is actually on the front. There is a faint toner residue along the fold lines (from the back). Would the cleaning device on the belt contribute to the toner staying on the front to?

Thank you!

Ask a Question