At Wit's End with Brother MFC-J885DW

My Brother MFC-J885DW will not print wirelessly from my MacBook Pro. It will print with a USB cord.

My computer is telling met that the "printer is not connected." However, everything that I've looked at is telling me that there IS a connection. A) I can print from my phone, B) when I establish a connection between my WIFI and my computer it is successful, 3) the WIFi symbol on my LCD screen shows full bars...

I have uninstalled and re-installed the necessary drivers at least 20 times.

I have checked firewall and proxy settings--no issues.

I have checked IP addresses--no issues.

I have reset the WiFI, my laptop, and the printer itself multiple times.

I have turned everything on and off multiple times.

I have updated the firmware.

And so on and so forth...

HERE IS WHAT'S STRANGE:
I have completed removed the printer from my laptop--no trace of it. Then I reinstalled everything. My printer will print 1, maybe 2 pages perfectly fine over WiFi! THEN, it will go back to it's old ways and tell me "the printer is not connected" when I try to print again. So I know there is no internal issue with the printer. I have contacted customer support and, unfortunately, they have not been able to help.

When I initially bought this printer it worked great! Then I moved, got different internet, and it hasn't worked at all since then.

Please help! I don't know what else to do!

Hilary

Ask a Question