Bad quality after a toner refill

I have disassembled the old cartridge for the first time, so I wanted to make sure that I will be able to successfully assemble/disassemble it before buying a toner powder.
There were two places in the cartridge where the powder was, so I assumed that one place is for the "waste" powder.
I refilled the cartridge with that "waste" powder ... it looked the same as the one that it's stored on the other place (for printing).
I didn't disassembled the part where you add a new powder in, because there might be still some inside.

After reassembly, the printing was not so good. The page is not fully printed (see the picture). And there are also some horizontal lines on it (that happened also before I disassembled it).
What could be wrong? Is it possible that here is not enough toner? Or I didn't cleaned it up correctly?

I did it like this guy:
... until 4:10 (I skipped to the refill + assembly after that).

On the picture, left page is the one with that cartridge I disassembled, the right is as it should be.

img20141122170026.jpg

Please tell us what cartridge it was.
I do an hp285a in under five minutes very often and have never had any problems.
It sounds like you never put enough toner in.

I have watched your video and my cartridge seems to be almost the same. I suppose all laser cartridges are . Cartridges dont last for ever I have used up six already and it could be the drum or bar at fault. Mine come at about seven pounds each your I think are a bit dearer. I would buy a few cheap compatibles one and try again.

Thank you for the answer.

Let me tell you this, just to make sure.
1) I didn't put in a new toner powder (as I've said, I did it to see how can be done).
2) I've added a "waste" powder back to the "primary" location.

Before I did this, the printing was fine (just the lines where there, which doesn't bothers me).
So that means, I've damaged the drum? How could I damaged the drum, and what kind of damage I've might did?

I also add all the 'waste' back to the primary location and it still works perfectly.
So that cant be the fault. It is possible there is not enough toner in. Toner doesnt cost much at least the HP one doesnt. £34 pounds a kg and it lasts a very long time. At least fifty refills. You will need it anyway so it is worth buying it and adding toner and see if it helps.
One can often not 'see' the damage but it is still there. As I say I have used already five cartridges and cant see any damage.
I dont do the 'cleaning' which is on the video its not necessary. Maybe it would last longer if I did but at seven pounds a cartridge its not worth the effort and time. I just open it and put the toner in and sometimes 'clear' the waste. I dont bother vacuuming the cartridge either.
The hardest part is making sure the 'bar' is put back on right but it still takes less than five minutes.

Ask a Question