Banding with clean print heads? (Epson R265)

Hi all,

I have an Epson R265 and at the moment I am experiencing some rather obvious horizontal banding on my prints.

I have ran a head clean and the nozzle checks report that all of the heads are clean, there is not a single missing little line. I have tried printing on different mediums and on different settings but nothing appears to be making a difference. I also tried re-aligning the heads but without any success.

I think it is the yellow that it causing the issues as yellows and oranges are worse with the reds not showing any signs of banding.

Does any one have any idea how to correct this issue or what might be causing it?

As this is a late post, you may already have your printer repaired. If I am correct, you are having banding problems after a cleaning has been done? Multi cleanings are not recommended. If it don't clear up in one or two, usually the heads are clogged. There are many ways to achieve success if they are not too badly clogged. I am assuming you are not too savvy on this kind of work.
To try one little operation which may or may not do the trick, have the carriage move to the access area where you can remove the cartridges. Unplug the printer from the wall power plug. Remove all the cartridges. (use plastic gloves if possible). Some ink may get on your hands.
Use a paper towel soaked with windex and gently clean the post the cartridges sit on. Make sure the cartridges are not the problem! One may appear good but still be bad. Cut about a half inch off a round toothpick. Hold the cartridge in upright position. Gently insert the pick in the outlet on bottom. Some ink should come out. If it appears to be dry or very small amount come out compared to the others, it could be bad! Use a clean pick on each test. If all check good, install them back in the printer. Use some paper towels, fold about 4 or 5 layers approx. 1 inch by as long as the towel length. Wet it with windex. Lay the folded paper in the bottom of the printer where you can gently move the carriage over top of it.(may take a try or two to make it). If you can reach both sides of the paper,gently slide it back and forth to wipe the heads and bottom of the carriage. Remove and discard, prepare another paper fold and this time place it under as above with as much windex as possible to soak the heads below the carriage. Let this sit overnight of for 8 to 10 hours at least. Recheck the paper, remove and do another bottom clean, (wet paper sliding across the heads). There may be excessive ink loss so make sure you have the printer sitting on some plastic to protect your furniture!
This may or may not help, depending on how bad the heads are clogged. At least it is worth a try.
Make sure all paper is cleaned out, cartridges are seated well, then reconnect power. Turn on and allow the printer to go through its gyrations of cleaning etc. Try another head check to see if it has done any good.
Hope this is of some help. There are other chemicals designed to do this type of cleaning , however they are quite expensive. It possibly could be cheaper to buy another printer. Epson runs sales and discontinued equipment all the time. May be worth checking out if you haven't already done so. Good luck.

Ask a Question