Brother 7065 Grey stop -only at top of page

Discussion in 'Brother' started by tjodork, Nov 12, 2017.

1. tjodork

tjodork

I've had really good luck with the Brother's laser printers and using non-brother toner.

I had a lot of dots on my printouts but I did drum cleaning...didn't help and then following their instructions cleaned the drum itself with a cotton swab...(and my fingernail). There was a lot of crud stuck to the drum. Anyways after doing that, my printouts are CLEAN except for the top (see attachment). I've swapped in a brand new toner (not Brother) and that did not change anything.
    It's possible they were both bad ..but looking for other ideas to fix this.
    On a seperate note...in case the toners are bad, is there a place to buy generic toner cartridges that are good quality?
    Thanks
    Tim

Attached Files:

tjodork, Nov 12, 2017
    1. Advertisements

2. tjodork

tjodork

anyone have an idea why the crud at the top?

tjodork, Nov 16, 2017
    1. Advertisements

3. tjodork

tjodork

one other point....when I print a double sided print .... the top page has the grey stuff at the top, the BACK side is 100% clean !!!

tjodork, Nov 16, 2017
  4. tjodork

tjodork

problem turned out to be the windows print driver...I uninstalled and reinstalled and it all works perfectly

tjodork, Nov 18, 2017
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question