Brother 'Copy' printer showing

I have spent literally DAYS on the so call chat 'support' and finally spoke somewhat live with a senior Support agent who called me at day's end and couldn't get off the phone fast enough...who did nothing except take me back to where I started off. Bottom line: I have my printer and a copy of the same printer showing. Alllll i want to do is delete one....but it seems that you cant without the whole thing stopping working. And of course, you cant get someone live other than chat....and that's time consuming and pointless. Any suggestions?? Thanks.

Simple if you have Windows 7 thru 10
Navigate as follows:
Control Panel -> Devices & Printers -> Right Click Brother's Copy Icon -> Select Remove Device
Be sure remaining Brother's Icon is marked with Green Check indicating "Default" printer or
Right Click Remaining Printer Icon -> Select "Make default"
Hope this helps

Simple if you have Windows 7 thru 10
Navigate as follows:
Control Panel -> Devices & Printers -> Right Click Brother's Copy Icon -> Select Remove Device
Be sure remaining Brother's Icon is marked with Green Check indicating "Default" printer or
Right Click Remaining Printer Icon -> Select "Make default"
Hope this helps

Thanks Ruffin...did that several times the last time and it conked everything out = nothing worked. One of the two 'Copy Printer' icons shows as removing printer, but it doesn't / hasn't. And of course Brother does NOT have live support unless you make a huge stink...then it takes three days for them to get back to you. SUPER Frustrating dealing with them.

If you are unable to remove all Brother's Icons as per above, then re-install Windows.
Not what you want to hear, Im sure.

I have spent literally DAYS on the so call chat 'support' and finally spoke somewhat live with a senior Support agent who called me at day's end and couldn't get off the phone fast enough...who did nothing except take me back to where I started off. Bottom line: I have my printer and a copy of the same printer showing. Alllll i want to do is delete one....but it seems that you cant without the whole thing stopping working. And of course, you cant get someone live other than chat....and that's time consuming and pointless. Any suggestions?? Thanks.

I yet again spent waaaaaay too long on chat with Brother to no avail. I found a great HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 on sale at Staples and went with that. Simple to set up and hassle free. HP actually has LIVE people you can SPEAK WITH ON THE PHONE. Goodbye forever Brother......the aggravation of 'Brother's 'chat only support is NOT WORTH THE AGGRAVATION!!!

try to hard reset your printer, check for any jam papers or bad ink toner, remove and reinstall drivers of your printer and again check it.

try to hard reset your printer, check for any jam papers or bad ink toner, remove and reinstall drivers of your printer and again check it.
Thanks Taylor. I have replaced this Brother piece of %^&* with a printer that actually works consistently.....an HP OfficeJet Pro 8710. AND HP has LIVE agents you can speak with on the phone for the life of the printer....not just chat as with Brother. THAT WAS MY ABSOLUTE LAST BROTHER PRINTER AND WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND TO ANYONE. EVER!!!!!

Ask a Question