Brother DCP-7020

I have had this printer for several years with no problems. I am trying to reinstall this printer Windows XP/sp3 and the installation gets to the connect the machine page. I connect everything up (computer, printer, and turn on printer) and nothing happens. I have done this multiple times with the same result (no I am not insane, but I was praying for a different result). Oh I am getting the driver from Brother web page.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Suggestions are welcome.

Try to connect the printer to other ports or change the USB cable. Or you can try installing the printer in other computer or laptop. If you successfully installed it, then your current computer must be the problem.

Thank you so much for responding. I do appreciate it. I have swapped out cables I don't really have another computer to hook it up to. However it has been hooked up to this computer for 7 years. I really have come to the conclusion that plug and play is my real problem. However I do not know how to shut it off. I have tried several things

Ask a Question