Brother dcp J140

Printer has worked fine until recently - no red although the cartridge was at least half full. But it did seem to be leaking. I replaced it with a new cartridge (both after market brands). It still won't print red. So I don't think it's the cartridge. Is there a repair for this?

Considering the low price of this model, it probably wouldn't pay to take it to a repair service, but I've had it only for about a year. Brother, of course, thinks the problem is the generic cartrdige, but I'm skeptical.

it did seem to be leaking. I replaced it with a new cartridge (both after market brands).
Hi,

I am a technician currently working for rihac. These printers have a set of tubing within the printer that feeds the ink from the cartridge through to the printhead. The most likely scenario is that when the previous cartridge was in place air has leaked into the cartridge and then worked its way into these internal lines. Currently when you are trying to print the printer will only be printing air at this stage. You will need to force the air out of these internal lines by performing several cleans, you can do this through the ink management option on the printer. These cleans will force ink through the print head to clean out any blockages but in this it will be forcing air out.

Ask a Question