Brother HL-2070N broken by toner change?

Hi all,

I have a Brother HL-2070N. I was using original Brother toner and print quality was great. When the toner ran out, I swapped it for a non-brand replacement. While I had the drum out, I realized that there was some dust caught in the brushes that keep it clean and decided to remove the dust. I know, two bad ideas in one (non-brand toner and messing with the drum). After I was done with the toner replacement and drum cleaning, the print quality was horrible. There seems to be too much toner everywhere so that some of it sticks to the back of pages and the fronts are smudged with lots of ghosting, see the attached image.

I have since swapped out the toner (for another non-brand one, because this is all I had at home) and even bought a new drum unit. Unfortunately, the print quality is still as terrible. Does anyone have a hint for me what may be going on? After reading a lot of posts, I thought the fuser might be at fault - but I had never touched the fuser, so I doubt it decided to just break on me at the very same time.

Attachments

• HL-2070N.jpg
    HL-2070N.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 259

Ask a Question