Brother HL 2270DW

Hi all, I seem to be having a hardware issue and have had no luck on my own or through the help of Brother support. My printer is relatively lightly used: I have only just went through the starter toner and am beginning a high capacity toner, but the printer is beyond warranty. It is just typical home use, but I really need to start using it soon in a higher capacity. There is no jams and everything seems to be in working order as far as I can tell.

Whenever I print one page, the error light comes on blinking after one page has been fed through. I have to open the front of the printer and shake the print cartridge a bit and then close the hatch and the printer goes to green and is ready to print again. I can only print one page at a time in this fashion. Print, open, shake, close, print, open, shake, close, print ...

If I try to print multiple pages as a single document, the first page comes out fine. Then the error light blinks and the second page is halfway printed inside the machine before it stops due to the error. I cannot just jiggle the cartridge, rather I have to remove the cartridge and remove the second page which is now a partially printed paper which has in the sensor's eyes created a jam. Once I clear the second page, reinsert the cartridge, page 3 will begin automatically printing, and error out with page 4 stuck half printed in the machine.

Anybody encounter this problem or have a fix for this infernal machine?

Hi,

I have also face the same problem. I am using Brother HL-2270dw ink cartridge. When I gave the print command the error light start blinking. Once I check my cartridge the ink was empty. I refill it and shake well before use. The problem has become resolve and printer starts work well.

Ask a Question