Brother inkjet partially clogged

I have a Brother MFC-J6510DW which is now about 4 years old and some of the black jets are clogged. The color jets are fine
Brother 6510.jpg
Brother 6510.jpg and come out nice on the test prints. However, the black jets look like the attached image file. And when I print some black text, you can clearly see the text ends up very faint about every fifth row.
I tried the quick and easy method of soaking the left hand sponge pad with window cleaner and then positioning the head carriage over it and waiting for a half hour or more to let the fluid soften the clogs in the nozzles. It didn't work.
So has anyone out there tried one of the kits available for the Brother (and other printers) where you force a cleaning fluid through the lines from the cartridges to the jet nozzles? Do they work well?

Any decent Brother authorized service center ought to be able to take care of this for you. Do you have one in your area?

Ask a Question